This page will features latest information related to the stories, news and special feautes of all Overseas Filipino Workers in the GCC states.
Danilo “Danny’ Comia Gonzales
- Born on 19 October 1959.
- Eldest of 5 children.
- Undergraduate of the Lyceum of the Philippines , B.S. Foreign Service
- Started working abroad at the age of 21 as Bellman at the Regency Intercontinental Bahrain in 1980.
- Worked hard his way up to Bell Captain and then Chief Concierge of the Regency International until 1992.
- Worked as Chief Concierge and Duty Manager of the Shangri-la Manila Hotel in 1993-1997.
- From 1997 till 1999, worked as Chief Concierge of the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai, U.A.E.
- From 1999 up to the present, working as Concierge manager of the only 7-Star hotel in the world, the Burj al Arab in Dubai, U.A.E.
- In 2002, Danny joined the “Les Clef D’or” Concierge Worldwide Congress held in Biaritz, France and was accepted as a member of this prestigious Club.
- Spearheaded the Dubai Concierge Association and was then elected President of the same in early 2003.
- Married to Christine Ciocon Has 3 children.
– Roberto Ramon – 18 yrs old, 2nd yr College in the American College of Dubai, taking up Information Technology.
– Ayna Charmaine – 11 yrs old, Senior ! at the St. Mary’s Catholic High School in Dubai, UAE
– Krystel Dayne – 10 yrs old, Junior 6 at the St. Mary’s Catholic High School in Dubai, UAE.
Recipient of many various awards since 1980;
– Employee of the month
– Supervisor of the month
– Honesty awards
– Commendation letters from varied guests and superiors.
During the 12 years in Bahrain, Danny was fortunate to have met and served the Kingdom’s Royal Families and Top Dignitaries. He was well-liked and highly respected by all his peers, colleagues, subordinates and guests as well. Even up to this day, they still call on Danny for whatever need they require, wherever Danny may be. This holds true to all the top VIPs and Royal Families that Danny has personally met and was service to during his employment at the Shangri-la manila and his current position at the BAA.
Danny speaks before members of “Les Clef D’or” Concierge
Worldwide Congress held in Biaritz, France last year.